- Is this literature? If so, why? If not, is it genre fiction? Quality genre fiction?
- What did you think of the art? Are there any aspects you find particularly striking? Did you notice any recurring motifs?
- Do the “mockumentary” intercapitulary chapters work?
- Was Veidt’s plan morally right?
- All the characters seemed to be based on superhero stereotypes. Can you think of any examples (real or fictional) who some of the characters might be based on?
- RORSCHACH. I find him to be an unforgettable character. His personal politics / moral code distill the political and moral themes of the book. Any thoughts?
- Who are the Watchmen?
Cass provided this great portal to Watchmen critical resources:
Jeremy gave me this link to a minority report on the impact of Watchmen:
We'll be meeting to discuss this book November 20th at the Main Library in Conference Rm 3 at 6pm. Feel free to bring food and drink.